Saturday, September 4, 2010

White Jeans/Pants and Labor Day

Do you really need to stop wearing white after Labor Day? The answer to me depends on where you live.  I love white pants, white jeans, and white skirts.  White is clean, healthy, and bright.   It does have a summer feel to it, some white clothing has a different weight to it and is not acceptable for a cold fall or winter day. Think linen! But you don't have to pack away your favorite whites if you live in certain parts of America.

So here in California it is 98 degrees today and will still be 98 degrees on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and most likely through the end of the month.  I am sure the same goes for Florida, Texas, Mississippi, and other southern states.  I can assure you that next Friday on my way to meet my girlfriends for cocktails on the outdoor patio at our favorite restaraunt I will wear my white capris if my heart desires.  I think you should too!  My rule for where I live is no white after October 1st.  If you are in a warm climate you should live by the same rule.  The only place you can get away with white all year long is Hawaii!

If I were still living in Chicago I would not wear white after Labor Day. I would not wear white in New York nor anywhere where it feels like fall.  Do you wonder where this rule started?  The roots of the idea that people should not wear white after Labor Day appear to be shrouded in mystery! No one really knows!

I do know the rule started out with white pumps and dresses. You know what I think about white pumps?  They should never be worn at any time of the year, unless you are a bride!  What is acceptable after Labor Day is winter whites.  Winter whites is creme and ivory. I love a creme or ivory long wool coat!  Yum! 

Keep your passion for fashion alive and kicking and keep checking in with me for more fashion tips, how to's and advice that will keep you the envy of most!
http://www.heathercarterstyle.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment